Tuesday, June 7, 2011

On The Grow


I fell in love with this set when I saw it in the Summer Mini because it is the perfect set to watercolor.  I used markers and a blender pen to color the image.  In order to get a watercolor effect, you should use your marker first.  Start with a small part of the image and make sure to leave a lot of white.  Use the blender pen to blend color into the white area.  Don't fill in the entire area - leave some areas white.  (My mom and I took a watercolor class last year, and one thing we learned was to leave white showing!)

Stamp sets - On the Grow
Card stock - Naturals White, Concord Crush, Baha Breeze
Ink pads - Concord Crush (just for the sentiment)
Markers - Concord Crush, Baha Breeze, Pear Pizzaz, Old Olive
Punches - Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, 2 1/2" Circle Punch
Big Shot -  Scallop Circles die
Tools - Blender Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment